Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Eliminated

I've been meaning to write about my new job at the YMCA for a few days now. Last week I trained and filled out all of my paperwork. Yesterday was my first official day, and I absolutely loved it. The kids were awesome, bright and fun, my coworkers are really cool, and I was actually given a bunch of extra responsibilities so that I could be making even more money. I finally was starting to feel like things were going to stabilize... no more laying at home during the day, feeling inadequate and ashamed and ignoring phone calls from friends. I left my first day of work yesterday feeling on top of the world.

SO, when I went into work today and was sat down and told that my position was eliminated at a budget meeting earlier in the morning, I left 5 minutes later feeling a little more than devastated.

It's back to the drawing board. Back to Craigslist and Idealist and all of those other websites that I gleefully deleted off of my bookmarks bar just last week.

I feel like a little kid who was given a brand new toy and then immediately had it taken away.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

This post just added to a hugely unsettling day I had yesterday. I am very sorry to hear this frustrating and disappointing news. Please continue to believe in yourself and in your future. Trust that a new employer will connect with you soon and value your many skills and assets.

Vickie

erin - heart in ireland said...

i'm sorry :(
that really stinks!
good luck trying to find something - i know how sucky it is.

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?

Anonymous said...

update your blog! i hate that every time i go to check on you i see this sad post! <3