Monday, March 12, 2007

I Believe in the Sand Beneath My Toes...

Miami Beach, FL

Walking on the street in Bal Harbour, FL



I'm standing on a barrier reef! Bathtub
Beach on Hutchinson Island, FL
Em and I are back from our amazing, fantastic, exciting, and relaxing Florida vacation. I'm going to post pictures in different groups, because we did so many things and took pictures of it all, of course. These pictures were some of my favorites - I still can't get over how gorgeous the water is down there.
We really lucked out, all last week it was about 80-82 degrees, very sunny and beautiful. The water was about 75 degrees all week too, so it was soooo nice to lay on the beach and jump around in the water. I do love the beach!!!
We had only one slight glitch in our vacation plan -- we were supposed to leave last Friday morning, at like 6am. We hung out with Liz and Jacob on Thursday night and celebrated Liz's birthday...we dropped off Sydney at Suzi and Elliott's house. Then we came back to Em's apartment, packed and straightened up, and went to bed about 2am. At about 4am, I woke up and immediately knew exactly what was about to happen. I ran to the toilet and threw up my entire dinner...Em, of course, woke up (since she lives in a one room apartment) and helped me back into bed. I fell back asleep and then woke up 15 minutes later and did it all over again...then woke up 15 minutes later and did it all over again, and again, and again and AGAIN until it was finally about 8am and I didn't have anything left in my system at all (especially since it was exiting both ends, if you know what I mean..) and we decided that we weren't going to be able to leave that day. I spent the next 3 hours wretching up nothing, and then finally fell asleep for a few hours... I sipped on ginger ale and saltines until we went to bed around 9am. We woke up and left Saturday morning. Whoops!
I felt fine all of last week, and we had a great time. I'm so thankful we were able to go on this vacation together, as I think we both needed it. More soon, with more pictures (cooler ones!!!)
Love everywhere,
Kristen

No comments: