Friday, March 5, 2010

Mommom


















My grandmother passed away at the age of 83 on Friday, surrounded by our family. In her last minutes, I was hugging H in the airport terminal right before security. I didn't make it home in time.

Her viewing was on Sunday, funeral on Monday. I flew back to North Carolina on Wednesday night.

The first thing my grandfather said after it happened was, "Everyone in this room just lost their best friend."

I'm having the biggest mental block of my life right now, and have no idea what else to write. I guess I've only given facts so far and have avoided going into the feelings attached to them.

















I am sad.
I am angry.
I am relieved.
I am proud.
I am disappointed.
I am exhausted.
I am worried.


It's been a long week.

Luckily, Spring Break starts today. I babysit from 12-6, and then back here to finish laundry and pack. I'm going to Florida with H and some of her friends.

Oh take me back to the start...

My grandmother was born in St. Petersburg, FL. How appropriate that I am traveling to that area...

I'm just ready for a mental break.

No comments: