Friday, August 21, 2009

You who are my home


















The lanyards went out in the mail today!

Well, today is my last day in Delaware. Tomorrow morning I'll get in my packed car with Sydney and drive 8 hours to Greensboro. I'm so torn about going back - this always happens to me! I'm excited to see Kim and my friends, excited to be in my own home again with all of my OWN stuff, start rugby practices, and enjoy my last year of college. On the other hand, I'm so sad to leave my mom - that's the absolute worst thing about going back...she's my best friend. I also have had the most amazing week since I got back from the beach. Every single day I've been hanging out with friends who I don't want to leave...

On top of that, I've been dealing with the most ridiculous situation regarding my financial aid and tuition payment status. It's so hard to be the middle man- and in more ways than one. I don't understand why it has to be so difficult. It's not the people at financial aid, it's just the process. My friend Dan recently said it well when he said that he feels "beaurocratically abused". I understand that everything has to be very official, but does it need to be to the point where it's impossible to accomplish a simple task (such as signing up for classes) in one day?

I can't believe I have one year of college left before I'm a "real" adult. I'm taking the GRE's next month, and soon after I'll begin applying to graduate schools. This spring I'll be doing an internship at Bren. ner Children's Hospital with the Child Life Department... it's so crazy how life just flies by.

I'll update when I get back to Greensboro and get settled in. I'm hoping to leave tomorrow around 7am, which would put me there around 2 or 3, depending on traffic. Good thing I have some good music to listen to in the car!

1 comment:

Maria said...

i love your shorts! :) miss you, kris.