Monday, January 25, 2010

The Beginning of the End.

"You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does..."-Tom Petty


Hard to believe that I've begun my last semester of college. This seemed so far away for so long, and it's truly bittersweet that I am at this point right now. I am excited to graduate and become a part of the "real world". At the same time, I can't imagine any other lifestyle than the one I've been living for the past four and a half years.

It's been an amazing experience. I don't want it to end. All I can do is make the best of my last four months as an undergraduate. Somehow, over the last 5 years, I have learned so much more than my textbooks and professors could teach me.

My internship is going very well... I promise I'll write more about it soon. It's been interesting beyond belief, and I've already made connections that I never dreamed I'd make in the first week. I'm working with an 11 year old boy who's sister has Neuroblastoma, and even just talking to him is teaching me things about myself and life.

Speaking of NB, there are a few people I'd like you to keep in your thoughts. Erik is 24 and has relapsed Neuroblastoma. He has an amazing spirit and way with words... his disease has progressed tremendously. Please hope for minimal pain, continued success with radiation, and lots of more time for Erik to spend with his family and friends. Sam is an adorable little boy who lives in CA... he was diagnosed 8 months after Liam was. Last week they recieved the news that there is liver involvement. Melina is in Vermont for treatment... her scans recently showed progression, however her parents are hopeful that her new treatment plan will be successful.

That's all for now... I'm off to run some errands, stop by my internship, and then attend my very last "first practice of the semester" ... I'm feeling so nostalgiac! Maybe I'll make a photo album of rugby sometime.

Hope you are all well!

1 comment:

Through the looking glass said...

Congrats Copper! Do you have any plans yet for after school?