Monday, February 8, 2010

Progress.

This morning I did something that was very hard for me. It's not something that I do often, and I avoid it because it makes me uncomfortable. But, I like to think that when we do things that are hard for us, we make the most progress with bettering ourselves and improving our relationships with those around us. I have goals for myself that I slowly work toward. Some may take years, and some are easily completed. But each time that I do something that I know will eventually put me closer to completing a goal, I feel so good about myself afterward, even if it's exhausting or upsetting or just plan difficult.

Things are great here. Rugby has been totally screwed up by the weather, so we have yet to play a game. This Wednesday we leave for Las Vegas (!!) and I am excited beyond belief! I can't wait to have a few days where I have nothing specific to do and to hang out with some of the greatest people in the world! We have a really great group of girls going.

I had a conversation this weekend about how cool it is that all of the women's rugby teams in NC all know each other pretty well and are actually friends. I have met some really great ruggers over the last 5 years, and my team has gone through cycles where we are really close with certain teams. I love that I could go pretty much anywhere in this state and not be far from someone I know through rugby. It makes playing games and going to socials that much more fun! On Saturday night there were four of us that went out - me from UNCG, one from Wake Forest, and two from Duke... all rugby players. Plus, while we were out, we saw another rugger who played for Guilford. How cool is that?

I'm off to my internship (which is still going great!) and then practice. I'll leave you guys with a quote that I've been thinking about today.

"We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy." - Walter Anderson

No comments: