Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend


















I still am kind of in shock that I got to meet THE Olivia this past Friday night!!! She was visiting a friend at Duke, and since I've been spending a good amount of time at Duke recently, it worked out perfectly that I could meet up with her!

Side note: I haven't updated about this until now... but I feel the need to write about this so that my future entries make more sense. I'm dating an amazing girl, H, who plays rugby for Duke. We've known each other for awhile, from playing against each other and socialing together. She makes me very, very happy and I'm incredibly lucky to have her in my life. I'll update more on this later.

So, when I found out that Olivia was coming to Durham, I immediately made plans to get dinner with her! H suggested that we all go to a Kenyan restaurant near Duke, and I was totally pumped to try something new. I've never been to an African restaurant! It was awesome, the food was amazing, but getting to meet Olivia and her friend was even better!! We had some great conversations and I really hope that we get to do it again sometime soon. She is traveling to OH in June for a KCC fundraiser and I may just have to jump on the roadtrip and head out there!

The rest of my weekend was amazing and exhausting. We had two rugby games - we won one and lost one. Here are some photos of me from Saturday:













Passing out of a scrum.



















Waiting for the other scrummy's put in.


That's all for now... I hope you all have an amazing week!

Love,
K

3 comments:

Olivia said...

It was soooooo amazing to see you, Kristen!!

I hope the trip to Ohio works out!

Hugs,
Olivia

Rachel Penn said...

you're dating someone?! a phone chitchat sesh is loooong overdue.

Anonymous said...

guess my trip down didnt make the cut :(