Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring Break

Spring Break started yesterday- I had an exam in the morning and a paper to turn in that I woke up early to write.  (6am early!)  The paper was on an instance of child abuse in the news -- I chose the Dani.eal Ke.lly case in Philadelphia.  People up north might remember hearing all about it back in 06 and 07, because the 14 year old girl with Cerebral Palsy died not only from her mother's neglect, but because the state failed her as well.  Philly's DHS was found guilty of not actually keeping up with her case, forging paperwork, and eventually there was a shake down and many high level DHS employees were fired or forced to resign.  

Anyway- After I turned in that paper and took the exam, I went home and did laundry, packed myself up, we packed the car, and we left Greensboro about 2pm.  It was a long, long drive.  Somehow it just felt longer than normal, but we arrived in New Jersey around 11pm, chatted with Em's mom, had a snack, and went to bed.

Today, Mr. G. is taking us flying.  We're flying over to Lancaster,PA for lunch.  I don't have my camera with me because I left it at a friend's house, and didn't realize it until yesterday morning, and by then, my friend was already at work.  I was so mad at myself!  Oh well.

We're spending Saturday through Tuesday here in Chatham, and then Wednesday to Saturday in Wilmington.  I'm just so happy to have nothing to worry about with school!

No comments: