Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wow.

It's weird how even though I don't start work until Thursday, I have been running around non-stop since I got home. I realized that I've been home for almost 3 weeks, and have only hung out with my friend Mer once. It's like, everyday there is something I need to do, somewhere I need to go, or someone I promised I'd do something with.

In a little bit, I'm going to get a shower, clean out my car, and pick up Dan so we can head to NJ to visit Rachel. She recently had surgery on a torn ACL, so hopefully we can keep her company/play some games/help her not to go crazy since she's laid up for so long. It should be a fun time.

Today marks 3 years since the passing of one of my sister's best friends, Christine. I just can't believe it's been this long. I often think about the last time that I saw her, which was about 3 weeks before she got into a car accident. I helped her load her bags into her trunk in front of the Y and she gave me a big hug. That's how I like to remember Christine.

















This was her mom's facebook status when I woke up this morning: Her joy is with us ALWAYS. Keep it alive. Talk, share, remember. We are forever changed by having spent time with her... and so very blessed. She lives in our hearts.

1 comment:

Olivia said...

My heart goes out to Christine's family. Her picture speaks volumes of who she was.

You definitely sound busy! I hope you have an awesome time in NJ.