Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Earth Day!

I know I'm a day late, but Em and I celebrated yesterday by going out to Stone Mountain (yes, that was the harder of the two mountains for us to climb!) We took Sydney, who had SO MUCH FUN. We did too, but with two bad knees, it makes for an interesting climb. Luckily, we started the hike at about the same time as this middle-aged bald man who was really nice, so the three of us and Syd hiked pretty much the whole thing together. We actually had a great time with him- and he even offered me Alleve when I mentioned that my knee was killing me. That's the thing about the south - you can trust people who just offer you random pills. This man was nice as can be. Plus I had my girlfriend with me to kick his butt if the pills made me pass out or something haha.
Before-hike picture...

Takin a break..
The nice man with the Alleve took this for us...
"Look mom, I can balance on a log!"

Syd was real tired when we got home...
Not much else is new. Today I noticed that the HEAT buses (Higher Education Area Transit) that take you around campus all had Virginia Tech stickers on them, near the door. I was really impressed. I haven't really written about what happened a week ago (Has it really been a week???) I don't think there's much for anyone to say. Everyone tries to play the blame game.. but it's not worth it. It's just an awful tragedy. I read about the options that they're giving the students about their grades. I think it's very reasonable. I just feel so awful about what happened. I can't think about it too long or else I just get so sad. I just can't believe that humans are capable of so much evil. It is so disheartening. It's like, people can do a thousand good, righteous things but one senseless act such as this kind of cancels out all of the good things. Nothing can be as good as how bad that was. Make sense? I didn't think so. I'll stop while I'm ahead. Bottom line: The whole world is with you, VT.
Love everywhere,
Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg, I can't believe how big Syndey has gotten! They grow up so fast, don't they!!

It sounds like you had a great time. Emily seems like a really neat person too. I'm glad you're happy! Are you coming home for the Summer? Maybe we can make plans to hang out or something!

Hope all is well. Give Sydney kisses from Bailey and I!!

~Marcy