Friday, January 25, 2008

Another Disturbing Dream

I had another strange dream, and I think I know the root of it. If you're easily grossed out, avoid this entry. It's not that bad, but bad enough to make Em shudder when I read it to her.

There's not many things that gross me out, but one of them is teeth. Not in the way that people with crooked teeth gross me out, there's just something about teeth that makes me feel uncomfortable.. A girl in my Gender, Crime, and Deviance class has really funny shaped teeth... one of her molars on the bottom sticks up REALLY FAR, like so far that it clacks against her top teeth when she talks...

I had this dream where I was hiking Mt. Taminy (a trail in NJ that I hiked this summer with my campers). And I was hiking with my neighbor/professor's dog, Neo. He's a Boston Terrier, so he's very small. We were walking along, and I realized that I had a really bad tooth ache. It was SUPER painful, so I stopped along the trail, and sat down on a big log, my feet were dangling off. I then proceeded to pull out of my mouth this "sheet" of teeth (that's the best way I can describe it) It was teeth, but they weren't in a semi-circle.. they were in this "block" of teeth that was like 5 x 4 teeth... and two of the teeth in the middle of the "block" were black and like, chipping away. So I pulled a Swiss Army Knife out of my pocket and used to blade to scrape out the "black" teeth from the block.. I could go into further detail but I might start to feel sick myself. I then slide the "block" of teeth back into my mouth, and the pain was gone.

When I woke up, I was so disturbed by this dream that it took me almost an hour to fall back asleep.

No comments: