Saturday, January 26, 2008

P.S. I Love You

When I was house sitting over break, I went with Elaina and Meg to see P.S. I Love You.  Being the girls that we are, we sobbed through the entire movie.  Last night I went again to see it, this time with Em.  She liked it too.  It's one of those movies that's just "cute".  People slashed it in reviews, saying it was too corny or mushy.  I don't really care about anyone else's opinion, nor do I feel like defending it right now.  Just know that in my opinion, it's a great movie that is sad but makes you think about your own relationships.

When I saw the movie for the first time, I noted how much I really liked the songs in the movie.  Hillary Swank's character's husband in the movie is Irish, so there are a lot of Irish tunes that I really liked.  We were at Target a few weeks ago, and I checked for the soundtrack but it wasn't for sale there.  I totally forgot about it until we ended up seeing PS I Love You last night (we were too late to see Juno..).  After the movie I got home and jumped on iTunes/Google to figure out the soundtrack (and the great songs that weren't included!)  

So, I'm in love with the music from the movie.  If you're looking for some great new tunes, check these out:

Galway Girl (a few different bands do this song, I like "Mundy & Sharon Shannon" and also "The Elders")
Fairytale of New York  by The Pogues featuring Kirsty McColl
If I Ever Leave this World Alive by Flogging Molly
Love You Till the End by The Pogues
More Time by Needtobreathe
My Sweet Song by Toby Lightman

That is all.

2 comments:

kelly. said...

i was looking for the soundtrack before i left! and i couldn't find it anywhere! but now i am going to download it off itunes!

ps, i balled throughout the entire movie as well. haha.

miss you! xox.

Anonymous said...

i love when you tell me songs to download cause i always know they'll be good. miss you lots.

love mer