Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wow.


Em and I got up this morning for class, and saw that there had been a light dusting of snow on the ground.  We were sad that it wasn't more, enough to cancel classes!  So we got showers, got dressed, and went downstairs for breakfast.  I picked up Em's laptop and when I opened it, there was an e-mail announcing that the University was closed today until 1pm due to inclement weather!!!!  WHAT?!  I mean, I'm totally thankful for it because now Em and I get to snuggle in on the couch and watch tv for awhile, and we're heading to the grocery store to get some shopping done.  But... this is pathetic!  There isn't enough snow on the ground to even measure it, and it's been drizzly for a few hours, so the streets are completely clear (as you can see from the photo).  

Crazy south.  It's funny, they announced that we were expecting snow a few days ago, and every day since then, everywhere we went people were talking about it.  We went to Doc Green's yesterday for lunch and all the ladies were talking about it, worried they weren't going to be able to get out of their driveways.  After lunch, I went to class and it was all anyone was talking about.  Down here, when it snows, people don't know how to drive...even when there's no snow actually on the road.  If they blocked out the snow on either side of the road, it would be just like driving on a wet road, as if it had rained.  

Anyways, thanks to the fact that southerners freak out at the slightest bit of a wintry mix, Em and I don't have to go in this morning!  

Hope you're all having a good week... keep checking back, soon I'll be posting pictures of a new member of the family...

Love everywhere,
Kristen

No comments: