Sunday, June 22, 2008

Post # 201

I posted this picture awhile ago, but I worked on it in Photo.shop and now I think it looks even better. The bracelets are Liam and Christine bracelets. I have them, but I don't wear them..I only wear my Livestrong bracelet every single day.

Last Saturday marked 2 years since Christine was in her accident. It was a hard day for my sister, and everyone who was at Staff Training. It's so hard to believe it's been two whole years since I was at Jack's on the Corner for lunch and Kelsey called me hysterical. I think about Christine all of the time, and will never, ever forget her.

Staff Training went really well! It was so good to see my friends, especially Rachel, who spent this last semester in Samoa for study abroad. I am very happy with my classes, and I feel like I'll be able to get a lot done in preparation since I'll be home with not much to do.

Tomorrow I am calling A.I. duPont Children's Hospital to see if I can get some volunteer hours with the Child Life department. Most graduate school programs require you to already have 30-50 hours of volunteering in order to admit you to the program, so my hope is to get that done during this month.

I am extremely excited for two things.
1. My mom and Gill's mom (one of Kelsey's best friends) just rented a beach house for a week in July. I am so excited! I love Rehoboth, and that also means that I'll get to see Maria (hopefully) if she's not working too much!
2. On the day that we come back from the beach, the Indigo Girls are playing at the Grand Opera House in Wilmington!!! Lindsey invited me to go with her and Meghan, which I am so happy about! The concert should be great - I saw Ani DiFranco there a few years ago with Laura. We got tickets at the last minute, and when Laura called she was offered front row seats! That show was awesome, and the Grand is a great place for concerts..very intimate, and comfortable.

That's about it for now.
Kris

PS- I also posted this picture awhile back, but Em edited it in PS - the bigger the picture, the more amazing it looks, and this is the biggest that Blogger will let me make it, but if you click on it, it should make the picture bigger.  Check it out.  No, Kels does not wear contacts and we did not enhance any coloring!

No comments: