Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I've Seen Better Days


Warmer times. Fish, Chips, & Kim

I chose this picture because it was taken after our game vs. ECU last September. It was so warm, and we got so sunburned during the game, but I'd do anything to be sunburned again! The cold is starting to make me sad, as it does every year. Such a weird phenomenon.

Well, the past couple of days have been a little rough. I'm not going to lie- I'm "insanely happy", but my life is not all sunshine and roses all day EVERY day. (although it's usually just fine). I'm just frustrated because sometimes I don't realize that I do things that upset people until it's too late. But, things are fine now, better than before actually.

My mom called me yesterday. Her identity was stolen, and her accounts were drained ... it's so frustrating for me to hear things like that because our family lives paycheck to paycheck. We don't have some awesome savings account that just provides us with money whenever we want- whatever was in my mom's accounts is all the money that she has to her name, and it's all gone. Our bank has fraud insurance, so all of her money will be returned eventually, we're just not sure how long it will take. And with it being the end of the month, my rent, her rent, and all of her bills are due tomorrow... She has to pay for Kelsey's lunches and her own lunch at work... it's just the little things. She was so sad on the phone, it was the saddest thing...she was angry, yeah, and frustrated...but all I really noticed was just how sad she sounded.

I need to start looking for another job. Maybe babysitting for another family along with the Bolyards- I just need to be making more money. I guaranteed Karen that I'd be able to babysit Wednesdays from 3:30-6:30 every single week until school ends (with the exception of spring break) and so I can't back out on her like that. So I need to find a job that would let me work Mondays, Fridays, and maybe Weds mornings. I kind of like having my Weds mornings to do things like laundry and homework though, so maybe just M&F.

We play Duke this Saturday at home. ECU and Guilford play directly afterwards, on our field - so we may be having a joint social at our house, with FOUR TEAMS -- it'll be interesting. But the game is what I'm really looking forward to- we usually have a pretty good match up with Duke, and the only time we've lost to them recently is the time last year they screwed us over and wouldn't let Tara play. Either way - the score is usually pretty close. If you're in Greensboro, come watch!! Saturday @ 11am at the Rec Field.

Time to start a load of laundry.
Love everywhere,
Kristen

No comments: