Monday, January 8, 2007

The moment you decide to let love in.


Coulby and Emma, ages 4 and 2 1/2.

Winter break is finally over!! It was long, but it was fun- New Years Eve was a blast, we had a party at my house. I got to see Em a lot more than I thought I would, and I got to meet her friend Vivian, which I was really excited about. And I got to hang out with her best friend Lindsey, who always seems so much older to me. But she's so nice, and even though I'm 4 years younger than Em, I think she is happy for Em. On New Years Day I left to spend the week at Deep Creek Lake in Maryland with my cousin Sherri and her family. She has three kids - Coulby, Emma, and baby Jack, who's only 4 months old. I'm back in Greensboro now, organizing and cleaning and getting ready for my classes that begin tomorrow. I have a really sweet schedule this semester, I only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday. I'm in class from 9:30 until 3:15, with 15 minutes in between each class. It means I'm going to have to pack a lunch for those days, but it also means that I don't have classes MWF!! I'm babysitting every Weds from 3:30-6:30, and that's all I know about that so far. Maybe I'll get another babysitting job, just on Mondays or Wednesday mornings or something. I was also thinking about maybe finding a place to volunteer on Mondays or Fridays...I was thinking like at the hospital or something. Something with kids :)

Basically, I'm insanely happy. Today Em and I made a big list of everything we want to accomplish this semester. Including resolving all of the issues with our rugby team (there are A LOT right now.) Also we're going to try to take Sydney to the bark park every Friday, since neither of us have classes. I was driving home from campus today when I bought my books, and I realized that I am so happy that I could feel it in my bones. I feel like I belong, and I feel loved, and I feel like I am getting something done in my life. It's a good thing.

I'll write about classes tomorrow night.
Love everywhere,
Kristen.

No comments: