Friday, April 24, 2009

Celebrate we will...

Things are all jumbled right now.  I have so many things going on, and I am so behind on my blog.  

Dan visited the week of my birthday.  It was so great to see him, and he and Em managed to pull off the biggest surprise ever!  (Except for when my parents got me a car for my 16th bday... yes, it was a 96 neon, but I was SHOCKED and speechless!)  We had a great time hanging out, showing Dan the Boro, taking him to The Q, and playing games.  

My actual birthday weekend, my mom and Carlos visited.  Here's a photo I took of them at the International Festival we went to on campus:

















My birthday celebration lasted about a week, because last Tuesday, 5 days after my birthday, Kim got me a ticket for the Dave Matt.hews Band in Raleigh!  

We met up with two of our friends who used to live in Greensboro and now live in Raleigh.  The show itself was amazing!  Some highlights: Opening song was Bartender, Too Much leading into Ants Marching, Dancing Nancies leading into Warehouse, So Damn Lucky, #41, Grey Street, and ending the set with Two Step.  The encore was also amazing - Blue Water, finishing up with All Along the Watchtower.  He played some new stuff that hasn't come out yet, but all in all, it was an AMAZING show!


















Laura, Kim, and Me tailgating before the show


And now, it's totally back to the real world... I have a 15 page research paper due tonight by midnight.  I have a presentation next week and then of course, preparing for final exams.  Tomorrow we're playing our last rugby game of the year against Virginia Tech.  I'm excited because a friend of mine who I haven't seen in over a year goes there, so I'll get to see her!  

That's about it.  I have so much else to say about different things, but it will have to wait!

At the concert, every time that Dave sang the chorus to Two Step ("Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"), I thought about Erin and her short, but very sweet life.  Stop over to her website and watch the amazing tribute video that was posted today.  It's breathtakingly beautiful.  And leave her family some love if you do!  

No comments: