Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quick Recap

We made it back safely to North Carolina yesterday afternoon.  The last two days of our trip were wonderful.  Saturday we went out for coffee with Em's ex girlfriend and her girlfriend.  It was good to meet Bridget to be able to put a face with a name.  It wasn't really awkward, and I thought they were both really nice and seemed like cool people.  It was good to get up early and get our day started - after that we explored downtown Flagstaff and I bought fun hippy items.  We stopped by Em's old rugby team's pick up match and she said hey to all of her old teammates.  

After we left Flagstaff we drove to Sedona, which was BEAUTIFUL.  It was way more touristy than I expected, but it was still really cool.  We found this awesome Jerky shop...they had all kinds of jerky - alligator and rattlesnake included!!  It was just cool because the lady who worked there was really nice and we talked to her for awhile.  After Sedona we went on to Chandler (south Phoenix) and had dinner with one of Em's old roommates, Crystal, who was so nice!!  After that we continued on to Tucson and checked into our funky hotel.

Sunday we went to Saguaro National Park and saw all of the awesome cactii that are as abundant on the rolling hills as trees in a forest.  It was very cool.  I didn't see a rattlesnake (that was my goal), but we did see a ton of different cactii with beautiful flowers blooming on them.  After that we went to our friend Laura's house to get ready for the wedding.  Laura (Phoebe) worked at camp with us this past summer.  It was good to see her, and have a clean place to get ready!  The wedding was beautiful - Candice looked gorgeous and her new husband is really nice and was glad to meet Em and I.  I loved the reception- it was very classy but still laid back.  I got carded- (WHO CARDS AT A WEDDING!?!?  Poor form.).  Aside from that, the whole wedding was great.

Monday morning we flew straight from Phoenix to Raleigh-Durham.  The flight was actually the best one of the whole trip - we were in the absolute last row, but we were comfortable and had fun doing crossword puzzles and listening to music.  The 4 hour flight went by pretty fast.

So, now we are just trying to get back in the swing of things.  I'm still having some medical issues, which is hard for me because I am usually so healthy.  (Injuries don't count!)  I have a lot of work to do in the next couple weeks.  I have a big presentation and a paper due before finals.

I'll post some choice pictures soon of our trip to AZ.
Sydney is super happy that we are home, and her medical mystery hasn't been visible at all.  Her spleen is still 4x the size it should be, but she is getting another ultrasound next week.  We'll see.

Hope the weather is getting nicer for everyone everywhere!


Lindsey said...

your trip sounds like fun! can't wait to see pictures.
my brother got carded at my cousin's wedding...i got carded at my cousin's wedding and i was like 23!

Mike Z said...

Holy crap, I've been to that jerky shop in Sedona! I miss that place (Sedona, not the jerky shop-- I don't even really like jerky)