Monday, October 13, 2008

A note to cancer-

When I checked PostSecret today, this was one of the posted secrets. I was shocked, because I woke up this morning, and this EXACT thought ran through my head. Amazing.

We brought my mom home today...she was discharged early because she's doing so well. She's here now, snoozing in her bed. When she got here, I read her every single guestbook entry from her Caringbridge site. She loved it!!

I am so exhausted...never in my life have I been this exhausted. Not during finals week, not during PACAA or at camp. I guess it's just because this is not only physically draining, but somewhat emotionally and mentally draining as well.

Alright, I'm off to figure out what we are going to do for dinner. We have like, no groceries because I wasn't expecting her to come home until later in the week!!

4 comments:

lindsey said...

i saw that and thought of your mom too :-)
glad she's home & doing so well, that's great!!
ask em about the invite i sent her the other day, hopefully you guys can come!

erin - heart in ireland said...

glad to hear your mom is doing well!

:)

Anonymous said...

i saw that same post secret and saved it to my desktop. I immediately thought of your mom and was going to send it to you but completely forgot...luckily you introduced me to post secret! glad to hear she is doing so well and is home! love you,
Mer

Anonymous said...

:) I saw that postcard too, thought of you all (yup, the whole smith fam), and saved it too! :)

love you all.
Maria