Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blah.

I just haven't been in the mood to write lately.

I need to finish unpacking, and I need to think about starting to pack my bags to go home, but I can't find the motivation to do either. I'm hitting what I usually refer to as my "Summer Slump". I've been trying to find a job, but who is going to hire me to work with such a "splotchy" schedule? I'm going home for staff training, an O's/Red Sox game with my dad and then a few days later, a Phillies/Reds game with my mom and Carlos. Then Meg's wedding shower is a few days later, so I figure I may as well stay. And then before you know it, wow PACAA is only 9 days away - does it make sense to come back to North Carolina in between? After PACAA, we're going to the beach with my Mom and her best friend for a few days, then a week at the beach with my dad's family, and then school starts up again a week after that. Plus, Meg's bachelorette party at the beach thrown in there at some point in August.

There's just so many things I want to be home for - I may end up just staying there, because it really doesn't make sense to keep coming back. Especially with the cost of travel.

Sorry for the lame post. I've been having a few "off" days. Yesterday was J's funeral, and I wish I had been in Wilmington. I talked to a friend who went, and she told me that there were SO MANY people there. I bet it was beautiful...

The suspect was caught and charged, so at least that's a little peace of mind... but it's still so unfair and unbelievable.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lehmann said...

I am always torn finding a summer job that works too. I want to work but at the same time this is my last summer vacation and I want to be able to fill it with some fun things too! Good luck.

Olivia said...

Thinking of you, Kristen. I hear you on the "blah" days. I have some of those myself and they are hard.

Many hugs,
Olivia

lindsey said...

what beach are you going to? we'll be in rehoboth aug 14-18