Monday, June 15, 2009

Love

Yesterday I was so lucky to be able to babysit for my two favorite kids in Greensboro. When I started babysitting for their family, V was 18 months old, and M was only 2 months old. Now, V is 4 and a half and M will be 3 tomorrow! Sadly, after babysitting them for almost two years, their family decided to hire an au pair (actually, a series of au pairs). I understand that it made more sense for their family, since they have four children (they have 2 older children as well, who are now about 9 and 13). However, I miss them so incredibly much, and truly miss being a part of their daily lives. At one point, I was spending pretty much every day with V and M, and really felt like I helped raise M, since she was an infant when I started. I have very fond memories of feeding M bottles as she fell asleep in my arms before bed, playing for hours with V outside, helping M learn how to say words and helping with potty-training V. Luckily, every once in awhile, they still need me and I have the privilege of hanging out with two cool kids, who still remember me and love me!


















I brought them to my apartment complex and we swam for a few hours, and had a picnic lunch next to the pool. After that, we watched Cars for a little bit, before I had to take them back home. M even let me brush and braid her hair - something that she really dislikes (I think because she's so prone to tangles!)

It made me so happy to spend time with them yesterday. Over the last year and a half, I've tried to stop over and hang out with them when I'm free, and I've taken V to the Science Center here a few times. I hope I can do that a few more times this summer.

2 comments:

Emmers said...

THEY ARE SO BIG!!!!!!!!! and M's hair looks a lot blonder! :)

Olivia said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with two people you love, and who love you so much. It sounds like it was a lot of fun and some much needed TLC.

Hugs,
Olivia