Wednesday, November 26, 2008

NoJoMo #25 - The Thanksgiving Potluck!

On Sunday night we attended the First Annual Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner at the Rugby House.  It was so fantastic!  There were over 40 people there, some I knew and some I didn't.  Everyone mingled with each other and ate some pretty amazing food.  There were THREE turkeys, POUNDS of mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, collard greens (hey- we are in The South!), meatballs, macaroni and cheese, and lots of other sides.  Plus there was so many cakes and pies and ice cream... it was SO GOOD! (Not to mention all the beer and wine!)   Once everyone was there, we went around and all said what we were thankful for.  It was really cool to hear what ALL of those people were thankful for!

And it reminded me... On the RENT dvd there is a documentary about Jonathon Larson- who wrote the musical.  Every year on Christmas he would have this huge potluck dinner and invite all of his friends.  They would all sit around and drink wine and have these awesome discussions.  It made me happy that we were doing something similar.

I'm back in Delaware now... Em, Jay, and I left tonight around 6 and I got here about 2am.  (Em and Jay continued their trip up to NJ)  I'm still kind of wired from the trip (loud singing, caffeine to stay awake, etc.).  Tomorrow Kels is coming home and then Thursday we are heading to Chestertown for Thanksgiving.  I'm pumped - I love holidays!

No comments: