Saturday, November 8, 2008

NoJoMo #8

August 2007- Cop.per and Bea.ker on Twin Day.

I really miss camp.

I've been thinking a lot about it lately, and then today Meg called me and we talked about camp for a little while.  I really miss it...it doesn't feel like it's been a year and a half since I've worked there.  It feels like it was this past summer.  I miss it so much.  I miss the routine, how you know exactly what will happen in your day because you're the one who plans it out and writes the schedule.  And then, when something unexpected does happen, it's kind of like a nice little treat.  (Except if the unexpected thing is rain, and you're supposed to go funyaking to the mill pond!)  I really miss the girls... it was so hard to visit this past summer because they all asked me, "Why aren't you here, Cop.per!?!"  And I had to make up a lie that I was working somewhere else...even though I didn't work somewhere else, I sat at my house with my mom all summer.  When I could have been there, teaching, camping, singing, and giving those kids the best summer of their lives.  I'd do anything to go back, but sadly, I don't think that will ever happen.  I'm still so confused about the whole thing, and I wish I could go back in time and make things different.  I loved working at that camp and even though it was only for 1 summer, it was the best job that I have ever had.

In other news, I'm home from Maryland.  I spent a good 3 days there.  I got to hang out with Kate and Meghan a lot.  I love their group of friends- they're really funny and just fun to sit around with.  Meghan and I went shopping at the outlets and I got some more grown up clothes, which is nice.  Sometimes I do get tired of tshirts and jeans...

If you left me a question and I haven't answered it yet, it's because I'm thinking long and hard about my answer.  Don't worry... I still have 22 more days to answer them!  If you haven't left me one yet, feel free to do so.  I've really liked thinking about them.  

No comments: