Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy.

Even after all this time
The Sun never says to the Earth,
'You owe me'
Look what happens to a love like that.
It lights the whole sky!
-Hafiz


Instead of a photo, I started out this post with one of my favorite poems when I was in high school.  While looking on my bookshelf for a notebook for one of my classes from sophomore year (of college), I came across this red notebook that I recognized immediately.  It was my "poem book" that I started at age 12.  Some of them are my poems (which are HILARIOUS to read now) and some of them are just poems that I came across that I liked.  I stopped writing in it when I was about 16 or 17, and by that point, I was mostly copying poems.  

I have been so busy the last few days, I haven't had a chance to post my Photo-A-Days.  I've taken photos every day, I just haven't been able to post them.  And I'm going to have to put it off again for a little while because of the pile of homework I have to do tonight!

3 comments:

Emmers said...

I loved your poetry! :) the other poem you read was a little creepy ;)

zizi

Unknown said...

Eeek, I cringe when I read old poetry I wrote. A poet I am not!
I do dabble in the occasional jokey verse for my dad though...purely family in-jokes!

Anonymous said...

Mice over man down is still great.