Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My New Job

Thanks to my readers for the comments and emails sharing their stories after my last post.  Sometimes it just takes hearing that you're not alone in a situation to make you feel not so isolated.  I really appreciated it.

After wallowing in self pity yesterday, I picked myself up and decided to figure out how I can make some money.  And after following up on a few leads from last week, I found a job!  It pays 12 dollars an hour...



I'm selling my body.




Noooo... I'm not planning on walkin' the mean streets of Greensboro!  I'm selling my body to the art depart.ment at UN.CG.  They need models for Life Drawing classes.  Only here's the catch.  It's nude modeling.

Yes, you read that correctly.  I am going to be sitting/posing for 3 hours straight in a classroom twice a week so that 20 college kids can stare at my naked body and draw it.

EEK!  Am I nervous?  Yeah... but I've never had a problem being naked before.  I've sat for Em before, so that she could do life drawing homework.  When hanging out with my roomies, I usually just wear shorts and a sports bra.  I'm more nervous about there being someone in the class who knows me!  Or that I won't be able to hold still for 20 minutes (that's how long you have to hold a pose).

I won't start until the middle of the semester, because they like to have different models/different body types for the students to draw.  But... it's definitely going to be an adventure!

9 comments:

Emmers said...

MAN I WISH I HAD SIGNED UP FOR LIFE DRAWING 2!

Georgiann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Georgiann said...

You are brave and that is awesome.

lindsey said...

that's awesome! i had 2 crappy nude models for my drawing class...one was a 65ish guy who had NOTHING down there and had a greasey pony tail and the other was this girl who had a body of a 12 year old boy and who sat at weird angles in the chair and she could only hold poses for 5 minutes at a time bc she had a bad back.
em, it's probably good you didn't sign up...you wouldn't get anything done and you'd drool all over your paper

Unknown said...

How bizarre! :-(
I thought it had all gone a little quiet on there! Thanks for the note though, perhaps it was the new layout changed things? I'll start over with it!

Unknown said...

I've changed the layout back to a blogger one which may or may not make a difference...
I think you're very brave with the life drawing classes too! Go you!

Unknown said...

Hey :)
The Boy has blonde moments all the time. I think we're probably a match made in heaven when it comes to that!
Thanks again for alerting me to the lack of comments :)

Rachel Penn said...

Now UNCG can appreciate your AWB too! Good luck girrrl you got some balls for doin this! work it!

Meg Hanley said...

carf did this! she was so nervous and then she got over and showed up to do it.. and got all settled in and naked... looked up and like 5 freshman field hockey players were staring at her with their jaws dropped haha. .. im not sure if you followed through with this, but good luck! im sure it will be fantastic haha