Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama Day.

I woke up this morning
Feeling brand new
Cause the dreams that I've been dreaming
Have finally come true!

Happy Inauguration Day!!

We've had the TV on since we got up at 8.  It snowed here last night (barely an inch) but we still have a 2 hour delay because of it!  Gotta love the South.  I only have one class today (others canceled for inauguration) and when it's over, I'm sprinting to the big celebration on campus, where they are projecting the inauguration onto a huge screen for all to see.  I've been waiting for this day for so long!!

It's time for unity
For us and we
That's you and me
Together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had off of work to watch all the coverage. ☺

erin - heart in ireland said...

such an amazing day.

so exciting to watch it and to just take in the moment.

Unknown said...

It's an exciting time, it's been really big news over here too...or at least the first time I've noticed it's big news.
And yeah...family meals are ace, I feel lucky that I get to do one every night :-)