Thursday, January 8, 2009

Relief.

I want one.  Even though they cry and scream and are inconsolable at times, and they poop all the way up their back and they cost a fortune, I still can't wait to have one of my own!!  We visited Pita today and her new baby boy, Jake.  It was good to see both of them, and the baby was beautiful and perfect.  He slept in my arms for what felt like forever, and when I gave him up, I could feel the warmth leave my body.

In other news: I went to the doctor yesterday.  He didn't really have an answer for me, however, he did prescribe me three medications that will hopefully knock this rash out.  I'm on a steroid (Prednisone), a corticosteroid cream, and an antibiotic (Kephlex).  The antibiotic is because the rash is now infected.  (Wonderful).  

My derm. said that he wants to wait until this clears up to try and find the source.  (Which is fine with me, as long as the rash is gone and I am back to getting sleep.)  He seemed to think that it might be an Autoimmune Disorder, but we're going to check everything - I'm getting a patch test (similar to a scratch test) at some point.  We'll see.  For now, I'm trying not to let the Prednisone have the same effect on me that it did last year.  I became so irritable and just couldn't get comfortable or happy.  So far, the rash on my stomach has calmed down some.  

Thank.  God.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I hope you find relief soon, but I equally hope you don't have to stay on prednisone for very long.

Wishing you a solid night's sleep.

VB

Kate said...

JEALOUS!!! And I totally agree; every time I see a baby or wander through the baby dept. of a store, I can't help but want one.