Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Does my nose look broken to you?


















Back story: I broke my nose in Nov. '07 playing rugby.  I had reconstructive surgery (because my septum was deviated and the bones were all smashed) and I think it turned out pretty well.  Well, this morning I looked in the mirror and my nose looked CROOKED again!  Whaddya think?



I jumped on the Interviewing band wagon.  Thanks to Shaba over at A Blog of Her Own for interviewing me!  A few of these questions might sound familiar to some of you guys - last fall I answered some similar reader questions, but I'll go ahead because my answers might have changed since then.

The Rules:
a. Leave a comment saying, "Interview Me".
b. I will respond by e-mailing you 5 questions.  I get to pick the questions.
c. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
d. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
e. When others comment asking you to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions!

The Questions:
1. What one quote/lyric/etc do you live your life by?  Why?
My favorite quote is this:

"This is my simple religion.
There is no need for temples; 
no need for complicated philosophy.
My own brain, my own heart is my temple.
My philosophy is kindness." 
-Dalai Lama

This is truly something that I live by each and every day.  It's hard to say exactly why, but it's just this extremely strong feeling that I have.  I feel like kindness rules the world.  There is no stronger act than kindness.  If we really truly embraced that, think about how different things could be.

2. What is your earliest memory?
My earliest memory (that is actually a memory, and not just a fleeting feeling or sight) is from when I was 4 years old.  I was running around on our patio, and ran into our grill, which was lit.  I didn't sustain any serious injuries, but it scared me badly.  You can read the full story here.

3. What would someone be surprised to learn about you?
Hmm... I am accident prone.  That's not the surprising part - the surprising part are the truly odd things that have happened to me because of this.  For example, yesterday, I sneezed and pulled a muscle in my chest.  You can believe me, or not believe me.  It's up to you.  But, it happened.

4. If you had to pick one meal to eat for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
This is a really, really hard question!!  Well my favorite meal is fried chicken and mashed potatoes, but I really don't think I could eat that twice a day for the rest of my life - I'd blow up like a balloon.  I'm going to have to go with beef stew, white rice, and green apple slices.  :-)

5. Would you ever do anything just to get on TV?
Nope, I don't think so.  I have no desire to be on TV because I'm horrible at acting (I know - I took Acting I my freshman year!) and I couldn't be on a reality TV show because I'm not bitchy enough.  So... unless I was going to get to meet someone awesome or make a huge amount of money to pay off my student debts, then probably no!  

If any of you would like to be interviewed, just leave it in a comment and include your email address so that I can send you your questions!!

4 comments:

erin - heart in ireland said...

It just looks like there is a bump, not really crooked...

and fun questions! i <3 mashed potatoes. so gooood!

yay! interview me.
my email is my name@gmail.

Unknown said...

Your nose looks OK to me :-)
I woke up this morning and put both my contact lenses in the same eye...everything was looking crooked to me!

Emmers said...

You're nose looks fine - only creepy celebrities who have tons of plastic surgery have perfect noses!

and I will back you up on the pulling your chest muscle - hey everyone, I was there and she sneezed and fell over in the kitchen and was writhing around on the floor.

INTERVIEW ME!

lindsey said...

interview me!
em has my email address (and I think you might too)